OK – I’m back to reality! I’ve been out of touch for a week but ready to jump back in – here are My Friday Favorites:
On TV –
- Mad Men – was so heartbreaking this week. I loved this episode. The scenes between Don and Joan and Don and Peggy were reminiscent of years past. (Was it a coincidence that it was sparse of Megan? I don’t think so.)
On the page –
- Redbook Magazine – Work & Money Section – 8 Secrets from the HR Department is an interesting article in the June 2012 issue. It outlines inappropriate office behavior and what Human Resource departments are really thinking in certain situations. For the past few months I have been reading 100+ resumes and interviewing for several positions. Some of these really hit home when I read them!
On the computer –
- Caffeinated & Random – Seinfeld Episodes that Wouldn’t Work Today – for my inner TV junkie
- Small Potatoes – An Educator’s Guide to Creating Learning Spaces in Small Places – for my inner organized teacher
On the sales rack –
- Crate and Barrel – Garden, Patio, and Outdoor Sale – planters, outdoor furniture, tablecloths, and umbrellas…everything you need to make your outdoor space ready for summer entertaining.
Places to go –
- The Barnes Foundation – recently opened its Philadelphia campus and I had a chance to walk through one morning last week before work. I need to go back, because I could have spent the whole day. My favorite painting in the collection – Maurice Brazil Prendergast’s The Beach “No 3”
What were your favorite things from the past week? Leave me a comment and tell me what you’re watching, reading, and buying! Remember – the person who makes the 200th comment on my blog gets a prize.
Happy Friday and Happy June — this year is flying by for me and I am so glad summer is here!
Thanks for stopping by and reading.
5 thoughts on “My Friday Favorites 06/01/12”
Thank you so much for sharing our small spaces here on your blog!! Made my morning!!
You’re welcome! As a former teacher and new mom I think your space is amazing!
I actually would advocate boycotting the Barnes new museum; this new space was a hostile takeover totally against the founder’s wishes. Saw a very good documentary film about this sad miss-justice. I was fortunate enought to visit the “true home” of all this fabulous art.
Yes the move was very controversial and I have heard of the excellent documentary, but admittedly have not seen it. But I love the collections and the art is amazing. Thanks for reading.
My love Seinfield, but it does make us laugh when they use their HUGE cordless phones! If they were going today they would come up with something clever using cell phones. 🙂 Thanks for sharing. That was a fun read.