I have been away for a few weeks and have not done My Friday Favorites in awhile. I have a lot to share this time around since the weeks have piled up – so here we go – here are my favs from the past few weeks.
On TV – I’m watching lots of good stuff, which is ironic since it’s summer. Most people say that all the shows end in spring and there is nothing on TV in the summer. I’m finding it the opposite. Suits has successfully turned the pressure off Mike Ross and his lack of diplomas hanging in his cubicle, to Jessica and Harvey’s future at the firm with the introduction of the previously elusive Daniel Hardman, co-founder and former Managing Partner at Pearson Hardman. Oh woe is Emily. The Bachelorette is down to the final 2 – Jef with one f and Arie (please see My Friday Favorites 05/18/12 when I said after the very first episode that she would pick the race car driver. Arie = race car driver.) Now I’m not so sure – I think the TV edit is trying to lead you to believe she will choose Arie, when in fact she does pick Jef. Dallas continues its spiral of Ewing family members crossing,double crossing, and triple crossing each other all in the name of oil and their Daddys. I digress! My pick for favorite is:
- awkward. – I am Jenna Hamilton is back. Blogging about her confusing relationships with Jake, Matty, and her Mom. Best supporting cast members: Tamara and Ming. If you have to walk down a high school hallway when everyone’s staring – these are the two to have on either side of you!
On the computer –
- Or Until Golden Brown – Blueberry Lime Quick Pie – this looks easy and delicious (and you know that is my favorite cooking combination!)
On the page / In the Kitchen – I decided to combine these two this week to let you know the recipes I found in magazines that I actually tried over my time off:
- ALL YOU – Roasted Strawberries with Ice Cream – I made this with strawberry ice cream because my niece prefers strawberry over vanilla! I also added blueberries. It was yummy!
- Martha Stewart LIVING – Grilled Peach Old Fashioned – I made this for my hubby on our vacation – a nice Don Draper drink to sip by the pool. I enjoyed the Basil Gimlet Fizz.
On the sales rack –
- The Container Store – Happy Organized Home Sale! What could make me happier than a sale of organizational items??
What were your favorite things this week? Leave me a comment and tell me your favorites.
Enjoy the weekend!