On TV – Congrats to Kellie Pickler for winning DWTS… we all know what the end of DWTS means… The Bachelor/ Bachelorette is back next week! Here’s hoping Desiree will find the love of her life in six weeks on a reality show — and if it doesn’t work out she can be on DWTS or if it does work out she can be on DWTS. I also binged watched the last season of Weeds last week on Netflix. All I can say is MEH. That show started going downhill since she went down to Mexico – and the ending was just uneventful and forgettable. My pick for Friday Favorite…
- is a tie between….Law and Order SVU and Nashville! The fates of both Olivia Benson and Rayna James are hanging by a summer hiatus thread … I must remind myself that both were renewed for another season, although Mariska Hargitay has reportedly not signed her contract for Season 16 yet.
On the Computer –
- Jovina Cooks Italian – Need Some Memorial Day BBQ Menu Ideas? Want to spruce up your menu this weekend? Delicious choices for every course – and not your usually burgers, dogs, potato salad.
In the Kitchen –
- The Kitchn’s Summer Peach Salsa– I can’t wait to try this salsa, it looks absolutely delicious!
- Minty Lime Frozen Mojito from My Recipes –I can imagine drinking this while sitting out back on a sunny day… yum!
On the Wish List –
- Capri Gingham Keds in Navy & White – adorable summer shoes that can be dressed up or down.
- ALL YOU Magazine, June 21 issue – How to be a Great Griller – tricks of the trade on how to wow at your next cookout, plus recipes to try. There is no online version, but here is a link to a similar article – Top 10 Grilling Tips
At the Barbeque –
- Martha Stewart’s Our Best Grilling Sides – now that you have learned how to be a great griller – here are some incredible sides to grill at your weekend barbeque.
For the Kids –
- Moms & Munchkins – Memorial Day Activities for Kids – Fun things for the little ones to create, design, and eat!
On my Twitter Feed –
@glamourmag 19 May –Are you guilty of Netflix cheating on your partner? Like half our staff is so you’re in good company. The Dirty Rotten Act of Cheating 28 Million People Confess to Doing
I laughed out loud when I read this tweet – I know I have done this to my husband!
Ok, that’s it for My Friday Favorites today; I hope you enjoyed them. Was I hungry when I wrote this? It’s all about food! What are you loving this week? What are you watching, reading, and cooking? Leave me a comment below and let me know.
Have a great weekend. Happy Memorial Day and Happy Start to Summer.
Thanks for reading!