Happy Friday! Here are all the things I’m loving this week!
On TV –
- I haven’t talked about TV in awhile. We did have some great season finales this spring! Chicago Fire & PD, Scandal, Grey’s, Parenthood! I can’t wait for all of these to start back up. I binged watched Orange is the New Black Seasons 1 & 2 (I never watched it! It kind of gave me anxiety. Anyone else? But I still watched it.) The Divide (new on WE and produced by Fitz from Scandal is taped on my DVR.) I also am watching The Night Shift – even though I would call it Grey’s Lite. TC (combo of Derrick / McDreamy and Owen / War Issues) has unresolved feelings for his ex Jordan (Meredith) who is dating Bailey from Party of 5 while TC is dating Anna from One Tree Hill…. look, not much is on in the summer. Growing up summer always meant – no more TV until Fall. But YAY for USA Network who does summer shows! I’ve been watching Suits all summer. Mike and Harvey are a divided team. Jessica is dating and hired Dr. Joe from Parenthood. Rachel is in dangerous territory!!
On the Page –
Here are two magazines I have been flipping through a lot! Good Housekeeping June 2014 Issue – great recipes for BBQing on the grill this summer from main dishes, to sides, to s’mores desserts. House Beautiful July / August 2014 Issue – tips on small spaces, using color, and creating storage.
On the Computer –
- I had two bananas left in a bunch and I knew they weren’t going to last many more days. I wanted to try something different than my usual banana bread. Off to Pinterest I went! There I found: A Little Bit of This, That, and Everything – Banana Cookies . Directions looked easy, cookies looked delicious = perfect recipe for me. Olivia was a big help making them. They are really yummy!
picture originally from Little Bit of This, That, and Everything
Olivia helping make the cookies Yes, even my mixer is apple green!
Our cookies baking in the oven
In the Kitchen –
- While we are on the subject of cookies… here are 10 Frozen Dessert Recipes perfect for these hot summer months!
In my Beach Bag-
- Besides towels and sunscreen – Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld. I’m not too far into the book yet but I am intrigued by these identical sisters who seem anything but identical!
On my Pinterest Boards –
- I’ve been researching outdoor / patio spaces (even though I already made over my patio!) But I’m helping a friend organize ideas for her patio. I came across this picture and I just loved it! So colorful! I would give credit, but the website Pinterest links the photo to, no longer exists. (Is that something that drives anyone else crazy on Pinterest?)
Hope you had a great week. What are the things you are loving this week? Something you bought, cooked, or watched? Leave me a comment and let me know. Thanks for reading!
One thought on “My Friday Favorites 07.18.14”
TV: True Blood is back for it’s final season and main characters are resolving their long standing issues (or tragically dying wih no warning).
The second seasons of Ray Donovan and Masters of Sex returned to Showtime on July 13th. Both are worth a binge watching session. I adore OITNB and it does make me nervous as well. I recently read the book and while the concepts are the same since it is a true story, the gratuitous sex and violence is absent from the book.
Joe and Lainie are partial to Master Chef, Chopped and Shark Tank, all of which make me nervous due to the competition aspect, but I watch them anyway. And my new favorite, Impratical Jokers, on Tru TV. Check it out an you won’t be disappointed. It is the funniest show since Carol Burnett.
Books: I’m reading a million things but in case in didn’t know there are two used book stores that I adore and make sure I hit whenever I’m in Philly. The Next Page is on Chestnut Street between 6th and 7th and it’s sister store The Book Corner which is located right behind the main library. I went to both while there last week and between both stores I bought 12 books for myself and 4 for Ori and spent about $40!!!