Happy, umm, Sunday! Hope you all had a fabulous week. Here are all my favorites this week (2 days late!)
On TV –
- Well, as you can imagine since this post is two days late – my DVR is full! I finished OITNB (much to discuss there) and Suits is still the only show I am currently watching. The Divide now has 2 episodes on my DVR.
On the Page –
- I’m reading Better Homes and Gardens August 2014 issue cover to cover. Budget friendly decorating finds, an amazing kitchen rehab, post-vacation party tips, and stylish storage options are just a few things you’ll find on this month’s pages.
On the Computer –
- I’m currently upgrading our hallway linen closet. So the search is on for inspiration from Pinterest and other bloggers. I have already taken my hideous before shot, all of the contents of the closet are on either our bedroom floor or in Olivia’s crib (good thing she doesn’t sleep in it anymore!) In my online search I found suburble…just a bird in the ‘burbs: MY LIFE IS EMBARRASSING: THE LINEN CLOSET. An amazing linen closet transformation! I hope my after shots will be this neat and organized.
picture originally from suburble.com
In the Kitchen –
- Budget Bytes – Italian Wonderpot listed originally on Apron Strings. I found this recipe when searching for one-pot pasta meals. Looking to spruce things up in our pasta repertoire. I have not tried this yet – but it looks delicious and – my favorite – EASY!
picture originally from BudgetBytes.com
On my Pinterest Boards –
- I started a new Pinterest Board – check it out here: Linen Closet Upgrade. All the inspirations I am finding as I tackle this next project. (Before and after pictures to come!) One thing I have discovered is that most pictures of linen closets I am finding are the smaller types of closets where the shelves are all all the way to the door. My closet is a little bigger – you can walk in – but not a “walk-in”, if that makes any sense! I’m trying to figure out the best way to construct the shelves for maximum space use. If anyone has a picture of a closet like this – send it my way via Pinterest! Thanks!Here is a picture I pinned from
A Sort of Fairy Tale. Love that this is a dollar store makeover!
picture originally from A Sort of Fairy Tale
On the Sales Rack –
- Carters – 40% off everything. 50% off all PJs – just today (Sunday 7/27.) I like to buy bathing suits in the next size this time of year.
This weekend marks the anniversary of my Mom’s passing. And in a tradition I started last year, I will end this post with some of her favorites! We miss you Mom!
picture originally from CowTownChow
picture originally from Post Punk Kitchen
picture originally from Bailey’s Buddy
Hope you had a great week. What have you been up to? Leave me a comment and let me know some of your favorite things.