Today’s Helpful Hump-day Hint is a Spring Cleaning Tip. I always clean out my entire fridge in the spring. I love cleaning and organizing it from top to bottom.
Here is how I do it:
1. Empty fridge of all its contents. Everything on the counter!
2. Get rid of anything old, expired, or down to the last drops.
3. Soak the plastic drawers in the sink with hot water and cleaner. (I love Mrs. Meyer’s products.)
4. Wipe down every shelf with your cleaner of choice and hot water. Don’t forget the door, the sides, and the ceiling!
5. Do you need a new organizational system in your fridge? Buy some plastic organizers to help compartmentalize. I bought mine from Home Goods.
6. Survey your tupperwear – has it sealed your last meal? Trash any that needs to go and invest in some new.
7. Return items to fridge in a neat and organized way that will make packing lunches and preparing dinner easier. Create zones so you (and your whole family) will know where everything lives.
Here are some pictures of my new and approved spring-cleaned fridge!
bottom drawers holds produce and all other salad ingredients
bottom right shelf holds juice boxes and snacks my daughter can grab herself
after Sunday meal prep, containers hold fruits, vegetables and side dishes
already portioned out
top shelf has yogurts, puddings, applesauce and go-go squeezes
(Take everything out of boxes before you put them in the fridge. Not only does it look nicer, but it’s much easier to see if you need to restock an item.)
How do you organize your refrigerator? How often do you empty it out and clean it? Do you create zones? Tell me about your systems in the comments below. As always, thanks for reading. It’s hump-day – the weekend is almost here. Have a great day!