It’s Spring Break Week and here is the list of cleaning I am going to tackle:
- Clean refrigerator and freezer – inside and out! I do this twice a year. Spring break week and right before Thanksgiving. Check out my how-to on this here: 8 Tips for a Cleaner More Organized Refrigerator
- Dust the tops of all ceiling fans. Careful with this one – especially for the fans over beds. It gets dirtier than you would think up there!
- Swap out winter to spring clothes and bedding. When you are moving the winter clothes out – ask yourself about each item – did you wear it at all this season? If the answer was no, put it in a donation box, not your winter storage.
- Move every bed and couch and clean under them! What you don’t see is easy to forget about. This one is going to be a little scary for me this week! Sweep, vacuum, swifter away under all these unseen places.
- Purge the medicine cabinets. Time to go through all the places we keep medicine – linen closet, bathroom cabinets, even the top of our fridge -and get rid of what’s expired.
I know this isn’t a long list, nor does it cover all that needs to be cleaned. But I am a believer in realistic goals and not setting myself up for failure. It’s called Spring Break Week not Spring Cleaning Week (or Netflix Week either, so we need to find a happy balance.)
What are the Spring Cleaning tasks you love to tackle and which do you avoid doing for as long as possible? Leave a comment below and Happy Spring Cleaning!