One of my daughter’s favorite meals is breakfast for dinner. She likes all the pancakes and syrup and sweet stuff. While I don’t mind a dessert like menu, I do try to keep it healthy, too. Here is a delicious and easy way to prepare Avocado Eggs.
Quantity: Makes 6 avocado eggs
6 medium sized eggs
6 slices of bacon
2 scallions chopped
crumbled feta cheese
salt & pepper
1. Can be done prior: Cook bacon and chop scallions.
2. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Halve the avocados, remove the pits and scoop two tablespoons out from each side.
4. Place avocado halves in a square pyrex dish, or if you are making fewer a loaf tin. Pick a dish that allows the avocados to be close together, so they won’t fall over. Spray whatever pan you choose with nonstick spray.
5. Crack medium size eggs into the avocados.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until yolk is desired consistency.
7. Sprinkle salt, pepper, scallions, bacon and feta cheese on top. You can even mix in the extra avocado you scooped out. (Or make some guacamole!)