Happy Friday! I hope today is the start of a great weekend for you and yours.
Here are the things I am loving this week!
On TV – Judges Cuts are all done on America’s Got Talent and the live shows start next week. But this week I’m picking one of my favorite summer shows – Suits. Season 6 begins with Mike going to prison and Jessica, Louis and Harvey doing everything in their power to keep PSL in business. Harvey came through like he always does – but this time it cost him something very personal.
On the Page – I just got Real Simple‘s August issue in the mail and I couldn’t wait to read it cover to cover! “How to use paint to transform just about anything” is RIGHT up my alley (look at my past outdoor makeovers using mainly spray paint to transform old furniture here and here.)
On the Web – Lately I’ve been enjoying reading Crazy Organized tips for how to keep everything neat, organized and together. I love her Paper Organization Series and her Fast Fix Friday posts.
For My Classroom – I went into Walmart for beach chairs for my vacation – and came out with 30 notebooks from the back-to-school aisle. Even though I was cursing that the school supply aisles were already in full force – I could not help but scoop up these adorable math notebooks for my daily “Solve-It” problems. Next I need to make cute name labels for everyone!
On Instagram – Loving the That Color Coding System Though post on creative.pine.apple ‘s IG account. Click through to the great blog post on her color-coding systems. Of course I heart all of this!
What are you loving this week? Leave me a comment and let me know. Thanks for reading.
Yesterday, I hosted a small Back to School Brunch for Olivia and my girlfriend’s two kids. Fall is almost here and I hope that I can get back into some of my usual routines – one being blogging!
Besides a fun time for my friend and the kids – the best part about this party was it was completely outfitted from the dollar store! (Except for some items left over from The Cat in the Hat party!) I also only served food that was already in my fridge. Affordable and fun – my favorite things!
Red and white striped wrapping paper table cloth with black poster board “chalkboard” place mats.
Every Back to School Party should also celebrate summer – and what better way than with an ice cream bar?
Are your kids back to school tomorrow? Already started? How did you celebrate the end of summer? Leave me a comment and let me know. Up next – my Fall preview for TV!! I’ll publish this week before all the good shows start again. Have a great Sunday and thanks for reading.
It’s September – time for all things autumn and back to school! What a great time to get clean and organized!
Here are my HHHs (Helpful Hump-day Hints) for this week.
HHH#1: Start with your clothes closet – put your summer gear away and take out your long sleeves. Throw away any flip-flops that got worn out this summer. It’s a great excuse come May to buy a new colorful pair!
HHH#2: Reestablish any routines that went by the way side during the summer. Weekly menu planning, back-to-school procedures, etc. Discuss the reestablishment at a family dinner this week. You can also discuss your favorite moments of the summer.
HHH#3: Start (key word – start! not decide!) to discuss your holiday plans and travel. Who’s going where, when are you seeing which relatives, what are we hosting… talking and planning this out now will save it being a stressful conversation when it’s closer to the holiday!
I already have a head start on #2…I am reestablishing my weekly blog post of Helpful Hump-day Hints!
Happy Wednesday and thanks for reading!
The Back to School, Here Comes Fall addition!
Happy Labor Day Weekend – enjoy the extra day off from work!
- AWKWARD. – “Pick Me , Choose Me Love Me” — Ok so it’s a rip off from a very famous line in Grey’s Anatomy when Meredith pleaded to Derrick after she found out he was married — but all imitation is flattery right? Jenna’s gone from “That Girl” to “It Girl” after her blog goes public and everyone reads it. Now she must make the biggest decision of her life…Jake? Matty? Or her Mom?
** For more TV news, including AWKWARD. episode recaps, check out My Color TV – a tab at the top of this page.**
On the computer –
- Peanut Butter and Peppers: Drink Your Pie! – although I am not ready to say goodbye to summer – yummy fall foods and flavors are some things to look forward to. Trying this drink recipe is a must — both the coffee and non-coffee version!
On the page –
- GLAMOUR has some good articles about nail polish this month. First, 7 Nail Polish Colors that Work for Summer and Into Fall. When I got a pedicure last week the first thing I thought of when choosing a color was – it’s still summer, but I will have this into September. Next, I first saw this picture in Glamour’s Fashion Issue, co-edited by Victoria Beckham. I traced it back to the original blog it appeared on: The Daily Nail. What a great back to school manicure!
On the sales rack –
- Raymour & Flanigan’s Labor Day Sale! great prices on furniture for every room! We bought a new couch and chair that are being delivered this morning. I’m very excited! Love this living room below.
For your home or dorm room –
- The Container Store – Expert Tips & Ideas – Set Up a Study Zone – just in time for school to start, here are tips on how to set up a place with everything you need to hit the books.
In concert –
- MADONNA – I saw Madonna’s MDNA tour this week. I have seen her several times live and it is always an outlandish piece of work. Sets, lights, costumes, sound and dancing! Maybe I’m getting older – but the thing that amazed me most, was at the age of 54 she is still moving and dancing at top speed, the whole time, and in step with her 20-something year old dancers. Say what you will about her, if you are a fan or not, but that is pretty impressive.
On my twitter feed –
Leave me a comment and tell me some of your favorite things from this week!
Thanks for reading and have a long great weekend!